Melaine Gutierrez is leading up an effort in McKinney, Texas to shut down a newly-opened Planned Parenthood Express Clinic. Here is today's report. You can find more information on the vigil blog or web site.
Thank you to all of our prayer warriors - those who came to be a public witness and those who were praying from home and work today!
We had many small victories today.
- A young woman drove by the PPE and it was obvious to several of the volunteers that she wanted to go into the PPE. However she looked at the 12 Christians who were standing and praying in front of the PPE and she drove in a circle then drove away.
- 2 other young women came into the PPE and we were able to give me information when they left the PPE, and told them that we would be praying for them. Please pray for them : their names are Carissa and Laureno
- The Planned Parenthood Express hired a security guard when they saw us there - this is a victory because this is an expense for them. Remember - they are a business with a bottom line. If they aren't making money they will close and go away!!!! The same security seemed sympathetic to us. He was friendly, smiled, and I am pretty sure I saw him mouthing the words to the rosary as some of our volunteers prayed out loud!!!!
- Mr. Jim's pizza is owned by a Christian couple who agreed not to handout any PPE material. They are prolife and said if we need anything to mention that we are with the group of people praying to close the PPE and they will give us a discount.
- The Donut shop is owned by a prolife Christian as well! We have a huge communication barrier - if anyone can help us with this please let us know.
- The McKinney newspaper interviewed both Carol and myself - so maybe that will help us raise awareness that there is a group of Christ's faithful who are committed to shutting down this PPE.
- We had 12 Christians from 4 different churches who came today to pray as a united Body of Christ.
- The prayer vigil participants now have the support of EVERY store/vendor in the strip center with the exception of the Custom bath & countertop store. We have not been able to visit with the storeowner yet. I will keep trying.
- We need a Korean speaking translator to talk to the Donut shop ownero We need to get every hour that is open for business covered by a prayer warrior.
Matthew 18:20 For wherever two or three are gathered in My name, there I AM in the midst of them
. Today, we gathered, as Christ's faithful. Today, we prayed both together and separately. Today, Christ saw that although we have different ways of worshipping Him, and different ways of praying, we also have common ground. We are united in our belief that Christ alone is our Lord and Savior. We are united in our belief that Christ does not wish for innocent unborn babies to be aborted. We are united in Christian love for each other. Today, we know that at least two young women were given educational materials, and they know we are praying for them.
While we were driving away from the PPE today we saw a man and a woman enter the shop. Historically, when a man and woman enter together they are seeking information about abortion. We were unable to deliver Christ's message to that couple today. Though they are nameless to us, Christ knows who they are - please lift them up in your prayers!
Today several people who had never been to a Planned Parenthood put aside their own fears and reservations to follow Christ into battle. Make no mistake - this is a battle. We have to be firmly rooted in Christ's love to keep our hands on his plow. Luke 9:62 Jesus said to him, No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back [to the things behind] is fit for the kingdom of God.
Though our enemy may be larger than us as individuals, we are capable, if it is Christ's will, of winning this battle! Matthew 19:26 But Jesus looked at them and said, With men this is impossible, but all things are possible with God.
REMEMBER:We have a meeting Thursday June 5th at St Michael Catholic Church in McKinney @ 7 PM
P.S. If any of you have time on your hands before the vigil officially starts and wants to go to the clinic during business hours we can try to coordinate and try to make sure no one goes alone - just call me or email me and give as much notice as possible.
214.385.6823 cell"In the morning, O Lord, You will hear my voice; In the morning I will order my prayer to you and eagerly watch
." ~Psalm 5:3
Labels: Planned Parenthood